1994 Jeep Cherokee Reviews - Page 5 of 12

1994 Jeep Cherokee Country from North America

Year of manufacture1993
Most recent distance342000 kilometres
Previous carChevrolet Truck

Summary:

Fine, fine little truck!!!

While hauling a u-haul van last year moving from Vancouver Island to Watson Lake, Yukon, the Jeep engine light came on occasionally ... stopped in at Fort Nelson and got a quick comment from a mechanic ... he said no worries ... just and exhaust volume issue... ran fine all the rest of the Alaska Highway.

General Comments:

Fine vehicle!

I have done regular maintenance on my jeep all the years I have owned it... I have lived in Canada's north and near north and this jeep has taken me EVERYWHERE I wanted to go - off road and on... cattle country, the southern mainland and rainy island, the mountains, and mining country and creek beds were easy-peasy for my two sons and I... we slept in it, drove it constantly, and all I have replaced are the universals, the brakes, shocks, put on new tires when I needed them, and tightened down the head bolts a few years ago when I saw some oil on the engine. I do regular maintenance and keep it clean inside and out. It repays me with trouble-free driving on short and long hauls. I am just headed out for a journey back to the island and then to the Peace River country. I have no doubts about my jeep carrying on for a few years yet.

I noticed a small crack in my dash yesterday - gonna fill that in with some vinyl repair goop tonight (land of the midnight sun - good time for that kind of work is late in the evening when the sun is really low) Oh yeah, I had to arrange a spot weld on the wiper motor - it needed a little jag last summer - snapped off - but it is fine - my son just zapped it back into place at school in the auto shop! Did I say I love my Jeep?

My jeep gets an A+++++. British Columbia's and Yukon's winters have been the greatest tests for my jeep - snow is not a problem - this little 4x4 goes anywhere.

The paint is starting to fade now; got a bit of surface rust going on... looks like I may need to consider leaf springs and that darn catalytic converter soon...

Maybe the guy spinning wheels on the lawn needs some cool, over-sized knobby tires and a creek bed or mine road to play on instead of his front lawn!

Love my jeep!

Review Date: 19th June, 2006

1994 Jeep Cherokee loredo 5.2 from North America

Year of manufacture1994
Previous carChevrolet Corsica

Summary:

This year jeep is great

159,000 - Replaced radiator, a/c comp, water pump and alternator and at

160,000 - Replace all four rotors.

The driver seat is heavily worn out.

General Comments:

The truck gets 12.2 mpg almost as good as some of the new trucks with comparable engine sizes.

Still has plenty of power to give, I will get at least 250,000 mile out of this truck.

Review Date: 22nd January, 2006

1994 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4.0L from North America

Year of manufacture1994
Engine and transmission 4.0L Automatic
Previous carJeep Cherokee

Summary:

Have gotten my money's worth!

Ignition coil died at 66,000 miles.

Bad connection for oxygen sensor on mother-board. When really hot out, "check engine" light goes on. Shop replaced oxygen sensor 3 times b/4 they figured it out.

Doors sag, creating extra interior noise.

FM and cassette went out at 120000 miles.

Front brakes were replaced (Warranty) at 40,000 miles and again at 80,000.

Lot of small oil leaks, but lasts until next oil change.

Switching into 4WD is okay, but getting back out is sticky and takes a good bump.

General Comments:

After rear shocks died, have not been able to find a good replacement set for under $300.

Loses 3-5 mpg when towing a pop-up camper, but it never gets stuck anywhere.

The rear seats don't have a lot of room, but the fronts are adequate.

Review Date: 23rd July, 2005