1994 Jeep Cherokee Reviews - Page 6 of 12

1994 Jeep Cherokee Sport 6.0 from North America

Model year1994
Year of manufacture1993
Previous carChrysler Chrysler Station Wagon

Summary:

This is the best vehicle I have ever owned.

The front axle u-joints were bad when I purchased the vehicle. I have had them replaced twice. The second time was due to a bad part.

I replaced the entire driver's side wheel hub assembly.

The rotors were warped badly.

The engine blew at 148,000 miles.

The driver's seat was off the track and the passenger seat has been welded into place, apparently by the previous owner.

The front shocks needed to be replaced.

The tires needed to be replaced (dealership put the wrong size on the rims).

The muffler needs to be replaced.

General Comments:

My Cherokee Sport has been nick named "Bessie" by my mom.

This is the car that made me fall in love with the SUV. I'm a tall girl and small cars are very tiny on the interior. I love the fact I have plenty of room inside, sit up off the ground, and the windows allow me to see everything around me. I absolutely adore the boxy look, and the color is outrageous: Teal.

In the winter, the four wheel drive is great for hopping over the snow.

I blew a gasket the summer of 2003 and that in turn blew the engine. I had 148,000 miles on it (give or take) at the time. I put had a used engine dropped in it that fall, which doesn't even have 80,000 miles on it. I'm about to replace the muffler and give it a real drive from Detroit to California in about a week. My mechanic is confident the trip will be made fine.

My only complaint is on long drives the seats aren't terribly comfortable.

However, I love this car and will be thrilled to pieces to see the speedometer flip at the 200,000 marker.

Review Date: 21st April, 2005

20th May 2005, 20:22

I have owned my '93 Jeep Cherokee for 5 years now. I saw it flip the 200,000 mile mark and loved watching it. I have never had anything major go wrong with it. Normal wear and tear things that usually go wrong with lots of miles like a water pump, radiator, belts, brakes etc... Mine is gray and even though it's not a 4x4, I have pulled 1 ton pick ups out of the mud during a major storm. I have never been stuck in my Jeep. I'm looking forward to another 100,000 miles. To cure your uncomfortable long drives, try taking a couch pillow and using them to sit on and behind your back. I found it works great.

16th Sep 2007, 17:57

I'm the original owner of my Cherokee Sport. 215,000 miles and still going! I had the radiator replaced, the feul pump replaced, but, a grast little SUV. It's light and very responsive.

21st Nov 2007, 09:47

My '93 Cherokee just hit the 273,000 mile mark and it's still going. No major problems, just a slight leak in my tranny line. I'll drive it till it dies.

18th Apr 2009, 11:48

The Cherokee was my first car and I loved it. It never broke down while driving, I was never worried about it! It ran great and I still miss that car till this day. It was also very roomy and I could stick all of my junk in there.

16th Jun 2010, 13:03

My 1994 Jeep Cherokee Sport is my first car, and it is amazing; the engine will not die, it will not get stuck, and it is fun to drive.

You have to take good care of the body or it will rust.

It kills me on gas.

1994 Jeep Cherokee Country 4.0 inline six from North America

Model year1994
Year of manufacture1993
Engine and transmission 4.0 inline six Automatic
Previous carFord Taurus

Summary:

Best vehicle ever made

The radiator has a slow leak.

The Crank Case Valve broke when I first purchased the Jeep.

The "Washer Fluid" light on the dash board would not turn off. It finally broke and will not work at all.

The left turn signal will not turn off automatically after I complete a left turn. I have to turn it off myself.

The left front speaker makes a funny noise.

The radio will not work properly. It does not want to pick up any radio stations, except 2 or 3.

Right rear window motor would not work, but now does.

Catalytic Converter went bad.

The paint is very dull.

General Comments:

Although I listed a lot of things that have gone wrong, my 1994 Jeep Cherokee Country has done well overall for its year and mileage.

It has always been reliable.

The 4 wheel drive is excellent.

It has always been reliable.

The 4 wheel drive is excellent.

I would defiantly recommend the Jeep Cherokee to anyone who wants a off-road vehicle or just as a normal city or highway vehicle.

Review Date: 14th April, 2005

13th Feb 2007, 08:46

I have a 93 Country and I agree that the paint is kind of dull and the first thing to go is the clear coat on the hood. I have some problems with my rear door locks, but hey I'll get over it. I agree with you 100% that this car is AMAZING!!!

11th Dec 2007, 17:27

If you look up the engine and transmission, the 93 country has the best of both, for reliability and long life. the paint does dull, but if you off road like I do there isn't much paint to worry about. if you don't destroy it off roading you should get over 300k every engine rebuild. and maybe more out of your transmission. in all I think theres a new best friend for man.