1988 Jeep Comanche Pioneer Olympic 4.0 I6 from North America

Size has no relevance to its might!

The gas gauge went bad at 207k, and I just can't seem to have my rear tires last long.

General Comments:

I own a 1988 Comanche "Olympic Edition". It's got about 210,000 miles on it, and I love it.

The I6 is so strong in such a small truck; I love pulling up to big V8 trucks (F-250, Chevy 2500's, etc.) and asking "wanna go!?!" (they think of most small trucks having 4 bangers). The light turns green and most will fall behind me right after we get through the light, then it is bye bye buddy.

I got a leak in my intake manifold gasket, and it whines really bad. So the V8's accuse me of having a blower. Funny as it is all stock.

Bar none, the best vehicle I've ever owned.

Review Date: 20th April, 2007

21st Apr 2007, 21:49

Its because your truck barely weighs anything in comparison to the full size and super duty trucks that you're able to get them off the line. Try taking them from a roll and you'd likely get destroyed.

26th Jul 2007, 20:22

Just bought an Olympic ed. for $100 it is rusty as heck, but it ran to beat the band what a truck!

1988 Jeep Comanche Pioneer 4.0 from North America

Quality built truck for the money

Cracked exhaust manifold at 105000 miles.

Had trouble with several hydraulic clutch reservoir seals leaking into floor board. Could be the brand was not from Jeep.

All other issues were from normal wear brakes, tires radiator, water pump, clutch, flywheel resurfaced, belt, and tune ups and plenty of oil changes every 3500 miles.

General Comments:

It has been a pleasure owning this truck, plenty of power and a smooth riding truck.

Easy to work on no problem getting parts good gas mileage.

With 337,300 miles motor has never been apart, my plans are to put another motor in it when this one quits.

A deer ran into the right side door 11-19-2006 damage $1630.00 they wanted to total the truck, but truck is in to good of shape adjuster said he would over ride the red flag, so it will be repaired and will paint the whole truck and keep on driving and pass it on to my grandsons.

Review Date: 1st December, 2006

1988 Jeep Comanche from North America

Well the only thing that has really happened to it is that it doesn't like cold weather.

She has major rust going on on the bed and the tail gate.

General Comments:

I love this truck honestly. it is reliable, it is unstoppable, it is a amazing vehicle.

Its comfortable because it feels like there's a couch in the cab, and couches are sweet.

Amazing truck, won't sell it ever, I will drive it off a cliff and still get home.

Review Date: 19th June, 2006

1988 Jeep Comanche Pioneer 150ci 2.5L 4 Cylinder from North America

I wouldn't trade this truck for anything!

Purchased the truck with a blown motor.

Replaced the transmission and the motor.

Replaced brakes, shocks, track bar, and sway bar ends.

Painted it and got Line-X spray on bed-liner.

New carpet, headliner, stereo and windshield.

A lot of other parts replaced as well.

General Comments:

This truck never lets me down!

I only wish that it had the 4.0L straight 6.

It performs superbly on every 4-wheel drive trail I've had it on!

Review Date: 23rd May, 2006

1988 Jeep Comanche 2x4 4.0 straight 6 from North America

Outstanding little truck

When I first bought the truck, it was necessary to replace the entire exhaust system and fuel tank.

Other initial problems included bad ball joints, and a rusty floor pan.

The truck had not been run in 5 years, so it needed the usual tune up and battery.

After all that, the automatic transmission is a little haywire, incorrectly shifting occasionally.

General Comments:

I am continually impressed by the raw durability of this truck.

I replaced and repaired all the pressing problems, and it has been completely reliable since then.

I towed a trailer that exceeded the max tow weight by a factor of 2 into new york city from providence, and the truck shrugged it off.

I intend to throw a 5 speed manual into her, and some bucket seats, the bench seat is somewhat flattened.

This truck is a keeper, small, decent fuel consumption, maneuverable, reliable, and durable. the perfect work truck.

Review Date: 12th October, 2005