2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee from North America

Good

Front right dash tweeter is blown. Does anyone recommend replacements at the 12positive website or is an infinity speaker from the dealer the way to go?

Review Date: 1st November, 2007

10th Jul 2008, 19:58

The tweeters (yes, both) are blown on our 1999 Grand Cherokee Limited. I really don't want to blow $90 on a pair that will blow again. Perhaps someone knows of a good replacement that will fit into the dash?

9th Nov 2009, 15:09

Mine went too.. my husband ordered one from Chrysler because the wiring harness was perfect and would just slip in - he replaced it himself in just an hour or so. (He's not a mechanic, and it was his first) - $90 or so for the speaker, but no installation at least.

22nd Jan 2010, 20:22

2002 JGC. I replaced my tweeters with a set from a junked Chrysler LHS. They fit perfectly, but are bigger and seem to be better quality.

I just got this Jeep in June 09. So far had to replace passenger window regulator. Heated seats do not work and engine light comes on if I go down a steep hill. It will go off after 1 or 2 days. It looks great, but I am worried about having more trouble.

2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0L from North America

Summary:

Hmmmm

Electrical, transmission, alignment.

General Comments:

Have had the Jeep since 2002.. I love it, goes anywhere in the mud or the snow (best 4 wheel drive I can think of).

However this year so far I've had to replace the wiring harness, air filter (normal), and spark plugs.

Now I'm getting a governor sensor failure reading when I plug in the diagnostic machine.. At full throttle it eventually crawls up to the speed limit. Very, very sluggish. At times when accelerating, it will jerk like it's popping into a lower/higher gear. When I put it in 4 wheel drive lo gear, it makes a binding snapping sound when rolling forward, even at light acceleration.. Any ideas?

Review Date: 28th October, 2007

2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD 2.7 from UK and Ireland

Summary:

OMG I've had enough of this damn Jeep!

I have had to have the front discs and pads changed or skimmed at approx every 4000 miles since new. Now the vehicle is out of warranty, the dealers and customer care do not want to get involved; they say I'm just unlucky and that there is nothing they can do about it!

Can anyone advise on this matter? I get told different things by every service manager I speak to at the dealers: it's my driving, I brake too hard, I don't do enough miles, the discs are rusty because I go through puddles, the Jeep is faulty, but it's out of warranty, I'm just one of the unlucky ones, others Jeeps used to get it, but it seemed to clear up by itself (!) the list is endless! Can anyone recommend a possible solution?

General Comments:

The front discs have been replaced/repaired approx 6 times.

It judders and shakes all over the place, and it's only done 35000 miles!

It had new injectors at 15000 miles.

I get car sick if I sit in the back.

It handles like crap round corners.

The heated seats keep packing up all the time.

The AC has broken down twice.

I love my Jeep when it's good, but when it's misbehaving I HATE it!

Review Date: 2nd August, 2007

21st Sep 2007, 11:14

Jeep Brakes are completely under spec for the vehicle. They are also two piece disks hence the warping. Claimed to have fixed the problem by replacing the caliper mechanism... Mate says it still warps.

They should have been class-actioned (sued) a looooong time ago. My '96 & 2001 jeeps both had the same problem.

21st Sep 2007, 21:12

I replaced the rotors on my 96 Cherokee several times before Chrysler admitted a problem and sent me a recal notice to replace them. Those warped also. I sold the Jeep, now it is someone else's problem. Buy a Chevy. Or put good aftermarket rotors on it.

29th Sep 2010, 03:14

I have a Grand Cherokee 2002 2.7 CRD and what a load of rubbish!

I bought it at 1 year old and I think they saw me coming. I have replaced injectors, ignition, air conditioning, brake pads.

I won't get rid of it as it is worthless. I might as well run it into the ground and buy a Discovery.