2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4.7 V8 from North America

Strong and smooth, with an appetite for gasoline

Throttle position sensor failed at 106,000 miles.

Starter failed at 108,000 miles.

Rock rails rusting out, since I've owned it.

Front speakers blew at 105,000 miles.

Hood struts failed at 103,000 miles.

Battery terminal corroded, causing trouble running at 108,000 miles.

Paint chipping and some rusting on the under body at 100,000 miles.

General Comments:

This car is like driving around on your couch; it's comfortable and very smooth.

Great for long family trips or highway trips.

Interior controls are well placed and very useful; silly things like adjustable pedals come in very useful.

Cabin sound is low, so you can actually drive without the radio, and share a good conversation.

Style is nice; it looks good and has nice design inside.

Review Date: 24th September, 2012

2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo V8 from North America

Considering the number of kms put on the vehicle, the car performs excellently

The most common problem we have experienced with this vehicle is vibration in the brakes. We have tried just about everything to solve the problem; even the best brakes seem to warp.

The driver's side head light connection had to be replaced.

The exhaust manifold had a bolt shear off.

The air conditioning system developed a leak.

The rear wind shield wiper arm has lost the cover at the pivot center.

General Comments:

This car has a great deal of electrical equipment; all of these devices function well.

The sound system is wonderful (best I've had).

We live at a lake, and the 4 X 4 system works well at towing even our 4000 lb. boat out of the water where there is no ramp.

In the snow we feel perfectly at ease; it handles deep and slippery conditions well.

Our fuel consumption averages 24 miles per gal. on the highway.

Rough road conditions reflect a bouncy, firm ride inside the car, which is expected for such a vehicle.

The car is a dream to drive for long distances.

Review Date: 29th November, 2010

2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee from North America

I hate this car!

Car continues to overheat.

General Comments:

I first purchased the car in August of '09. In December the car was already overheating. I had the radiator and the cooling fan relay replaced.

It has only been a few months and the car has once again overheated. From the research I've done online, it seems that this is a very common problem. There needs to be some kind of recall done. I suggest that everyone who has this problem gives a written complaint about this to http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/ivoq/index.cfm or to Jeep themselves. We should continue to warn people about this. Maybe Jeep will listen and do something about these problems.

Review Date: 23rd June, 2010

2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0 V6 from North America

Awesome vehicle

The only major thing that I have had go wrong with my truck is the crankshaft bearings went out; got a used engine put in it, and now it runs great.

Steering is acting weird; when the wheel is turned to the left, there is a loud whine, going to get it checked out. When I stop, there is a slight jerk that happens once in a while.

General Comments:

For a V6, this truck gets awesome gas mileage.

This vehicle is very tough, and takes whatever I can dish out.

Review Date: 8th June, 2010

11th Oct 2015, 18:24

It is not a V6, it is a I6, meaning inline 6.

2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4.7 H.O. from North America

A rugged yet refined 4x4

Climate control/heater box problems.

Fuel pump o-ring failure caused delayed start up - $10 fix.

Exterior emblems have lost their clearcoat and paint.

General Comments:

Very comfortable and luxurious.

Very powerful motor, especially when run on 91 octane fuel.

Decent off-road capability - one of the last SUV's to retain a solid front axle.

20-21 mpg at 75-80mph seems good to me for a V8 SUV.

The H.O. motor has forged internals and seems to be a very well-built motor. At 145k it still drives like new.

265hp, solid front axle, leather seats, luxurious interior, coil spring... what more could you want?

Review Date: 9th September, 2009