2001 Nissan Maxima SE 3.0L from North America
This car is junk
I am absolutely shocked at the low level of quality of this car. Even more shocked at the level of service at the dealerships. Let see.. what we wrong (so far)
1. ABS Sensor needed to be replaced
2. 2 O2 sensors needed to be replaced
3. Faulty wiring in the front headlight
4. Recently took my car for an oil change (at the dealership), now its leaking oil.
5. Clutch is gone
6. Steering audio controls don't work
7. Needed a new starter
8. Leather is VERY poor quality, seats already tearing even with weekly applications of leather conditioner.
9. My slave and master cylinders might need to be replaced.
There are other problems I've had with this car as well as with the dealership. Nissan Canada (and its dealerships) will not stand behind their product. I WOULD NEVER BUY A NISSAN IN MY LIFE AGAIN!
Would you buy another car from this manufacturer? No
Review Date: 18th April, 2006
23rd Oct 2006, 18:07
I'm sorry to inform you, but either you're a careless driver or you are being taken for a ride at the dealership with this car!
13th Dec 2006, 11:17
I'm sorry too because my maxima has 115500 miles on it and I have NEVER had a problem.
17th Feb 2007, 09:56
I too fell victim to buying this beauty of a problematic car, Nissan does need a recall.
Front right headlight problem, Ignition coils, wheel alignment. Front right wheel problem.
17th Jul 2007, 03:18
Front wheel problem?
Quit running into curbs while drunk and doing 70 mph!