1990 Toyota Camry LE 2.5 V6 from North America

Summary:

Great car. I would tell everybody to buy Toyota

One fan relay switch went bad at 189000 miles.

Water pump went bad at 190000 miles.

Had put new radiator on car at 186000 miles.

That's all that went wrong. But everything that went bad was just because of the cars age.

General Comments:

In my opinion this is the toughest model line of Toyota Camrys that Toyota made. This car runs great, never broke down on me on the highway, and takes me anywhere I want to go, and I know it will get me there with no problems.

Review Date: 7th May, 2009

1990 Toyota Camry DX from North America

Summary:

I did my homework in 1990 and I'll be buying another Toyota

The alternator was replaced.

Ignition key was replaced.

Steering pump hose replaced.

Engine mounts replaced.

Timing belt replaced.

Starter replaced.

General Comments:

The Camry is a tough four door sedan.

Besides the regular oil changes and regular maintenance, it has had less repairs than normal.

Other than a small area in the truck lid, there is no visible rust.

The car body still shines near new.

The interior cloth seats are normal wear with a 3 or 4 inch tear in the driver seat where you get in and out.

I still get 28mpg.

No car payment.

Review Date: 3rd May, 2009

4th May 2009, 14:36

You are a testament to humanity. Everyone should drive the same vehicle for as long as it can be driven.

Please. PLEASE! Simply redo the inside of that tear and keep on driving it. More people need to embrace the simple life and stop buying things. Besides... wouldn't it be better to vacation in Hawaii and contribute to liberal arts programs than to buy a new car that destroys our natural resources?

I think so!

1990 Toyota Camry DX from North America

Summary:

Highly overrated

At 30000 miles, started the car and it sounded like a diesel. The valve seats were machined wrong at factory. Toyota replaced the head after first dealer accused me of mistreating the car.

General Comments:

I liked the basic car. But didn't like the first dealers attitude of "it's a Toyota, therefore you did something to it". I felt vindicated when it was found to be a manufacturing defect. I wonder how many other people receive that treatment when they bring theirs in for trouble.

I drove a Ford Tempo 250,000 miles, and never had any serious problems with it, and it used no oil and always got 35mpg.

Review Date: 20th June, 2008

1990 Toyota Camry DX 2.0 gasoline from North America

Summary:

If you want reliability, don't think twice about getting this car

Ever since I have owned this Camry, the only major problem I had was a water pump failure due to age. 350$ NAPA water pump was replaced by a shop.

Other minor problems/wrong things that I have noticed is the right rear door does not open from the inside, and the windows also doesn't work on it.

Also the gauge for the temp. of the car does not work, possibly due to age. It has not been working since the car has been purchased at 199000 miles.

Speakers in the front went out, but replaced with some time put into it.

Recently I have replaced the lower front bushings due to a lot of leeway in the suspension while driving.

This is everything that has went wrong since I purchased this car.

General Comments:

Let me first state that I know enough about cars to maintain e.g oil changes/changing tires/fluid checks/air checks/etc.

Interior: The interior in this car is made to last just like the engine. There are no tears/scratches/etc. anywhere.

Exterior: This car came with a clear coat paint job, and is now showing its age on the top and on the hood. Looks may be not pleasing to the eye, but like your teachers say in elementary school, "don't judge a book by its cover."

Comfort: This car is made to travel (have the DX wagon) long distances with comfort. I have a 6ft friend who went on a 3 hour trip in the front seat who thought the ride was very comfortable and spacious. Though the only con I could think about opposed to comfort is the highway noise.

Performance: To me the engine sounds like it's still in top notch. The engine has much more than enough to get on to the highway at 70 mph. The auto transmission is very smooth. I have to say the performance on this car is amazing considering its age (almost 18 years). The only con I can think of is the slow acceleration under 30 mph.

Reliability: I believe that this car was designed for comfort and reliability because I would give those marks the highest, with reliability first. I also believe that this car's appearance wasn't even being considered except for the purpose of performance.

Review Date: 26th December, 2007