2000 Vauxhall Vectra SRi 130 1.8 16v ecotec from UK and Ireland

Summary:

A great buy if you get the sporty models! SRi GSi etc

Warning light on dashboard (apparently just needs turning off).

Rear drivers side speaker crackles sometimes, but barely noticeable.

No other problems to date..

General Comments:

I am very satisfied with the power, it is very smooth and very torquey.

Sits along side quite easily c20xe engined Vauxhalls (redtops) at high speeds.

Makes a good noise with a cone on and Irmscher back box.

The car is lowered all around on adjustables with 17 inch tyres, so it handles superb with absolutely no roll or understeer.

It's very comfy on long journeys.

I would definitely recommend an SRi or GSi (the saloon is the one to get).

Review Date: 27th September, 2009

2000 Vauxhall Vectra L 2.0 DTI diesel from UK and Ireland

Summary:

Great

Getting a cut out. Went for a diagnostic, but found nothing on the ECU memory. It does not occur all the time.

I have changed the fuel filter, and also the air filter. The car runs superb, but just get this pause (blank spot); no EML light on, nothing, could go OK for 2/3 days, maybe more, and then I get this.

Diagnostic checked the fuel lines; they are OK (what can it be). The car gets well serviced and is well looked after.

General Comments:

The car runs well.

Review Date: 6th October, 2008

12th Jun 2010, 05:49

Possibly a catalytic converter fault.. probably wouldn't show up on the scanners if it was blocked or something like that.. what kind of mileage has the vehicle done? If it's getting high, I'd be looking at the cat..

2000 Vauxhall Vectra SRi 2.2 petrol from UK and Ireland

Summary:

Excellent, it just wants to go straight!!

Nothing has gone wrong with this car at all since I have owned it.

General Comments:

This is still the Vectra B styled Model.

All this car has cost me is petrol, oil and tyres, although I expect a cam belt change is due (prevention better than cure!)

The car is very quick, and in 2nd and 3rd can be taken to the limiter for excellent acceleration.

It seems to have been designed as a motorway car, as it acts like a sulky dog going around lanes, but leaps into action when you hit a straight.

The traction control has proved handy on a couple of occasions, although I wish it was switchable.

The drivers seat can give a bit of a numb leg if not adjusted properly, but that was just early teething problems of me not reading the handbook ;-P.

My mother complains that she cannot hear me when she is riding in the back, but perhaps it is the Michelins that I have chosen, as I have gone for profile and grip over tyre rumble.

A Superchip would give it an extra 10bhp, but for 300 quid I can't see the point.

Overall a good car, best I have had to date.

Review Date: 27th May, 2008

22nd Apr 2009, 13:02

Hi, I have same model and they have a timing chain so no belts to change!

2000 Vauxhall Vectra SRi 140 2.0 from UK and Ireland

Summary:

Family mobile, but with massive grin factor!

Head gasket seal - £15 part, but loads of labour costs!

Suspension arms loose and clonking - speed bumps are to blame.

Suspension rack groaning all the time

Engine manifold cracked at 65,000 miles and exhaust now has a slight blow in it - very, very expensive.

Leaky power steering fluid reservoir.

General Comments:

This car looks the nads in Satin Red and in estate form (which mine is) it is sweet. Great visibility and you sit low in the seat that makes it feel like a 'proper' sporty car.

Loads of room for my fishing gear and I've done many a trip to the tip that would have meant three or four in my 406 saloon.

At first the suspension was hard, but it's mellowed out (a bit too much) but it still grips and the little bit of oversteer is fun. Goes through tyres quickly on the front and brakes wear because it has a lot of weight.

Cabin is excellent and seats are really comfortable, especially for long slogs up the M1.

The alloys are a pain to clean, but look good. Watch that front valance when parking near kerbs, as it overhangs a lot and I've ripped mine off twice on normal pavements.

Review Date: 15th March, 2006