2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Reviews - Page 38 of 38

2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo from North America

Year of manufacture2001
Most recent year of ownership2002
Previous carJeep Cherokee

Summary:

This car is riddled with problems!

The Rotors and brakes are worthless on this car. The car shakes when braking at 50 miles an hour. The rotors are going to cost $800.00 to replace! I have only 28,000 miles! The dealer sold me a worthless maintenance agreement for $1500.00 only to find it basically only pays for fluids and oil changes. What a rip-off! This car also had a transmission fluid leak, and I was charged $150.00 for that! I am dreading the thought of this vehicle getting more miles and what I will have in store in repair bills! I will never buy another JEEP or Chrysler. I also have problems with the driver seat "tearing away" from its bolts! I cannot believe the poor construction of this product.

I think that all 2001's should be recalled. What a waste of $28,000.00!!!

Review Date: 17th April, 2002

3rd Nov 2002, 18:11

I am having a terrible time with my 2001 Grand Cherokee. I took it to the shop Saturday to have the oil changed and tires rotated. I also asked them to check out a strange noise when the Jeep is put in reverse and a jerking sensation when stopped as well as rough gear changes. They could not duplicate the complaints. Now I have some kind of dark fluid dripping on my new driveway!

2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4.0 petrol from UK and Ireland

Year of manufacture2001
Most recent year of ownership2001
Engine and transmission 4.0 petrol Automatic
Previous carJeep Grand Cherokee

Summary:

Very comfortable effortless driving, superb in snow, but very expensive to run

On my latest model, nothing yet.

On my previous model, the rear wiper motor failed and had to be replaced.

The drivers heated seat packed in and Jeep wanted £700 (UK pounds) to replace it!

The battery would randomly die making starting a nightmare as the engine was immobilised electronically.

Various warning (doors, etc) would stop working or become intermittent.

General Comments:

It was a very reliable vehicle and great to drive and suited my location in Northern Scotland making driving in severe weather a comfortable experience.

The parts and servicing costs are very expensive and I was quite shocked at the cost of the 60,000 mile service (over £1600 UK pounds).

The running costs are very high as fuel consumption is high.

Despite the high cost of ownership I really do love this car and 98% of the time it gives trouble free motoring and high reliability.

Review Date: 2nd May, 2001

2nd Aug 2001, 06:08

Hi, I have a 2001 model 3.1 TD, it has covered 14000 miles and the engine has just given up, apparently it's a headgasket problem. Any other turbo diesel owners had the same problem?

13th Jul 2004, 02:13

All Jeeps GC 3.1 TD have a head gasket problem every 60,000 miles... is not a good car.

16th Jul 2004, 06:06

I have a 2000 GC 3.1 diesel and am having nothing, but problems now with it. I'm also finding that the Dealers are a waste of time and not at all pro-active or customer friendly. I have this annoying clicking under the bonnet at precisely 1600 revs. Its neen in with the dealer on several occasions and they've spent 4 days, but can't find anything - their advise is to leave it till it gets worse and then bring it back! I'm also on my 3 steering column. I had the brakes and calipers replaced 3 times in the past year and now there's a problem with the backend.

I've now lost all confidence with the car and dealer and am looking to replace it at the end of the summer - think I'll go for a Range Rover and then drive past the dealer and rub it in!

2nd Nov 2005, 02:59

Totally agree the dealships are an absolute disgrace.

Great car, but they need the dealers from the states too show these idiots how to treat people.